OmniLedger Limited is registered in England, company registration number 1648566. OmniLedger are also registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration Z7483296.
What is GDPR
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which became effective from May 2018, gives all EU citizens more rights and regulations on the use of their personal data. GDPR is designed to minimise the possibility of theft, fraud and includes provisions for the following:
- The right to be informed: Companies must publish a privacy notice, in addition to explaining transparently on how they use this personal data.
- The right of access: Individuals will have the right to demand details of the data that a company may hold. This information must be provided within one month of the request and at no charge to the individual.
- The right to rectification: If a person’s data is incorrect or incomplete, he/she has the right to have it corrected. Furthermore, if the company that holds the information has passed any of this information to a third party, the third party must be informed. The company must also inform the person which third parties have their personal data.
- The right to be forgotten: A person may request the removal of his or her personal data in specific circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, an individual can block the processing of his or her personal data.
- The right to data portability: A person can access their data for their own use anywhere they prefer.
- The right to object: A person can object to the use of their personal data for most purposes, where no legitimate interest exists for retaining the information.
For more information on our approach to GDPR please read our GDPR Statement.
OmniLedger need to collect and store personal data?
While visiting our site, using our services, or completing any information forms within the site, we will assume that you are agreeing to your personal information being used, as described in this policy.
We need personal data in order for us to provide you with the service(s) to which you have contracted to, or otherwise given your consent. We may also collect some personal information with the primary purpose of monitoring site performance and improving user experience.
We are committed to ensuring the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.”
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address, telephone numbers and postal address.
- The business IP address(es) you use, or from which you access our services. IP addresses that cannot be associated to a business will be forgotten.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests (for example, which topics you may have elected to receive marketing information about).
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- All communications to and from our organisation (written, electronic or voice) may be recorded.
They allow us to; store your preferences and settings, provide interest based advertising and analyse how our website and online services are performing.
You may prefer to disable cookies and this can be achieved via your browser settings. However, blocking cookies may mean you are unable to use all of the interactive features of our site.
OmniLedger Limited take data protection responsibilities seriously and all our systems, internal, hosted and this website, are designed to meet the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR), with regards to data protection and user privacy:
Data Protection Act
In carrying out our day to day activities we process and store personal information relating to our customers and we are therefore required to adhere to the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We take our responsibilities under this act very seriously and we ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that Act and all other applicable data protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations.
OmniLedger’s website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
Site Visitor Tracking:
Like most websites, this site uses 3rd party solutions to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use the information and web pages within the site. Although the solutions record data such as your approximate geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. The 3rd party solutions also records your computer’s IP address, which could be used to personally identify you, but OmniLedger do not have access to this. However, IP Address related to a business are identified via the 3rd party solutions database, allowing OmniLedger to identify corporations visiting the website who have shown legitimate interest in our products and services. Individuals in this instance are still anonymous to OmniLedger.
Should you decide to register to the OmniLedger Customer Forum, the following data will be recorded and stored within the database.
- Displayed Name
- Email Address
Other optional fields, including social media links, can be completed, but these are voluntary and only used within the Forum. This information will be used to identify you as a contributor to other forum users/members and will not be passed to any third party data processors
Should you choose to post, or add a comment to any posts that have been published on the OmniLedger user Forum, any personal details you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database. The time and date that you submitted the comment will also be recorded.
Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website, although if the supplied email address is linked to an avatar, your avatar photo will also be displayed. Your comment and it’s associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either: remove the comment or remove the post. Should you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please email us using the email address that you used to comment.
OmniLedger use a number of online forms to help you contact us. The information collected by these forms is sent to us via email and stored in the website’s database. This information is provided on a voluntary basis and will also be recorded within OmniLedger’s CRM system. Your email address will remain within our CRM system and website for as long as we continue to use these platforms for email marketing, or until you specifically request removal from the list.
You can do this by unsubscribing, using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you, or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please ensure that the email is generated from the email account that you wish to have removed.
OmniLedger produce and distribute a newsletter to our customers and those that have registered an interest on our website. If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be stored in our CRM database and our eshots newsletter distribution platform. This information is for email marketing only and will not be shared with any other party.
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us, or we become otherwise aware, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible.
Customer Support Site:
OmniLedger customers have access to a support portal. This is accessed by a corporate user name and password and at this point does not record any personal information. Whilst accessing the information store within the support portal the user can access service call log information, which displays the originator of the call. This information is retained for the life of the contract, where traceability is required, and will be removed at the end of the contract.
All of the information we store and process stays within Northern Europe. We will keep your information for as long as required to enable us to operate our services, but we will not keep your information for any longer than is necessary. We will take into consideration our legal obligations and tax and accounting rules when determining how long we should retain your information. When we no longer need to retain your information we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, OmniLedger will promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO
This policy replaces all previous versions and is correct as of at the end of this web page. We will regularly review and update this Privacy and Data Protection Statement and will update, modify, add or remove sections at our discretion. Any changes will be notified to you through this page. Your continued use of our website, any of our services and/or the continued provision of personal information after we have posted the changes to these terms will be taken to mean you are in agreement with those changes.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
- change your communication preferences at any time;
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used.
If you wish to find out more about these rights, or obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us at 1 Alders Court, Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL7 1LT.
Under what circumstances will OmniLedger Ltd contact me?
Where you have given us your consent, we may use your information to contact you with details about products and services which we feel may be of interest to you.
We may also contact you should you have shown legitimate interest in our products and services through your interaction with content published by OmniLedger Ltd.
In both cases you can grant or withdraw your consent, or change your contact preferences via our web site or by writing to us.
We may also contact you when we feel the information is relevant to the services which we are contracted to provide to you.
Will OmniLedger Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data to third-party service providers contracted to OmniLedger Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf.
Can I find out what personal data the organisation holds about me?
OmniLedger Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If OmniLedger Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity the contact details of the person or organisation, that has determined how and why to process your data. (Does not make sense please correct)
- Contact details of the Privacy Officer (where applicable).
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of OmniLedger Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipient(s) that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third party or international organisation, information is available about how we do this securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure that there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
OmniLedger Ltd requires two forms of ID from the following list, one of which must be photographic, when information on your personal data is requested:
- Photo driving licence.
- Birth certificate.
- Utility bill from within the last three months
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
OmniLedger Ltd is not required to appoint a designated DPO under the GDPR but we may do so voluntarily in the future. We have appointed an internal Privacy Officer and utilise an external consultancy to ensure GDPR compliance. We understand that the same duties and responsibilities apply, had we been required to appoint a DPO. In the absence of a DPO, we will support our business to the same standards had a DPO been appointed. Privacy Officer contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01707 324201
- Address: Data Protection Dept, OmniLedger Ltd, 1 Alders Court, Watchmead, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 1LT